Recipe by Courtly
A cool, quenching pinch. It's easy to freeze. Yummy :] From The Best of Country Cooking 2004
- 6 cups chopped fresh rhubarb or 6 cups chopped frozen rhubarb, thawed
- 7 cups water, divided
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup orange juice concentrate
- 3⁄4 cup lemonade concentrate
- 10 cups club soda, chilled
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, bring rhubarb and 4 cups of water to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until the rhubarb is tender. Mash the rhubarb and strain. Reserve juice and discard pulp. Add sugar, concentrates and remaining water to juice. Transfer to a freezer container and freeze.
- Remove from the freezer 30-45 minutes before serving, scraping the surface as it thaws. Place equal amounts of slush mixture and club soda in each serving glass. Stir together and serve immediately.