Recipe by Ackman
I absolutely LOVE rhubarb!!! When I was a kid, I'd pick it fresh, wet it down & then stick it into the sugar canister, when my Mom wasn't looking...YUMMMMM!!!!! This easy-to-make wonderful tasting sauce can be used as a topping for ice cream, pancakes or whatever else your little heart desires...I can eat it all by itself!!!
Top Review by Terri Newell
This is so yummy! It was easy, and fairly quick, not counting the overnight wait time. I think I might use less sugar next time, because it was quite sweet. I suppose it depends on how sour your rhubarb is.
- 4 cups fresh rhubarb, diced fine
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert (can use Raspberry or Cherry is desired)
- 1 cup water (if needed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the rhubarb & sugar together & let set overnight., covered.
- Next day, stir in the water, if needed.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally & watching carefully so not to burn -- boil for 15 minutes.
- Add the JELLO & boil for another 3 minutes.
- Pour into sterile jars or containers.
- Refridgerate or freeze. (Will keep in fridge for up to 30 days IF you can leave it alone -- LOL!).
- NOTE: Add a pint of strawberries to the sauce before boiling, if desired!