Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a fruity and refreshing dessert, can use sugar free gelatin and pudding and reduced fat crust as well.
- 3 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1 package strawberry gelatin
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 graham cracker crust
- Place rhubarb in microwave safe bowl and microwave for 6-8 mins on high or until rhubarb is softened, stirring every 2 minutes.
- Stir in gelatin till dissloved, cool completely.
- In a bowl combine milk and pudding mix, beat on low for 2 minutes.
- Fold rhubarb into mixture.
- Spoon into crust, cover and refrigerate till firm.
This is a great "adult" desert recipe. Bananas are a nice addition. I made it as a pudding, chilling it in serving size bowls rather than adding it to the graham cracker crust. That cut out most of the fat and calories also. Dr. Paul
Made this for dessert tonight and it was simply delicious. I used sugar free jello and pudding as I am diabetic. The next time I will prepare it in dessert dishes and drop that extra fat that is in the graham crust. This recipe was very easy to prepare and the clean up was a breeze.
I was so happy to find this yummy recipe as my husband is a diabetic and it is so hard to sweeten rhubarb useing Equal or others. I have made this recipe and served it in dessert dishes. Another time I will add less than 1/4 cup of water to rhubarb while it is cooking in microwave as it has been dry here and rhubarb isn't juicey. If I made it into a pie I would add a dollap of Cool Whip to each slice. Thank you for shareing this recipe.