Prep 10 mins
Cook 48 hrs
Tart and tangy rhubarb pickles. Try them as an accent to your favorite cheeses or to sliced, roasted meats. Courtesy of Mother Earth News. The cooking time is refrigeration time before eating.
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar (or substitute your favorite fruit vinegar)
- 1 cup sugar (up to 1 1/2 cups, as needed)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves (more to taste)
- 4 stalks rhubarb, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Boil the first 4 ingredients for 5 minutes, or until sugar has dissolved, stirring continuously.
- Chill the liquid in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Pack rhubarb into glass jars, pour the liquid over the stalks, then screw on the lids.
- Keep refrigerated for a day or two before eating.