Recipe by mickeydownunder
Always inspired by what we read and see! I created this dish for the global event Food Revolution Day lead by Jamie! (Oliver) ORIGINAL SOURCE: http://whatsonthelist.net/2013/05/17/5739/
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 small carrots, peeled, diced
- 1⁄4 head cabbage, sliced thin
- 1 leek, quartered, sliced
- 1 cup rhubarb, peeled, sliced
- red lentil
- 4 cups chicken stock
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- parsley, garnish (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dukkah
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat large pot on stove over medium heat; add oil.
- Saute carrots, cabbage and leeks for 4 minutes; stirring frequently.
- Add rhubarb, continue to stir frequently for an additional 4 minutes.
- Stir in lentils.
- Add chicken broth, bring to a boil; reduce heat to simmer, cover pot, cook for 20 minutes, stirring a couple of times to make sure the lentils do not stick.
- If lentils are not soft, continue cooking for a few more minutes.
- Remove pot from heat; puree with immersion blender.
- Stir in parsley; season to taste.
- Top with dukkah, parsley and enjoy!