Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
A galette is nothing more than a free-form tart. This one is full of rhubarb and raspberries - perfect for the summer.
- Oven to 400°F.
- Prepare a sheet pan lined with parchment.
- Roll out the galette dough to a 15 inch round.
- Fold in half, then in half again, transfer to the parchment, unfold, refrigerate.
- Trim the rhubarb.
- If the stems are more than 1 inch thick, slice them in half lengthwise.
- Cut the stalks into 1-inch pieces.
- In a large bowl, toss the rhubarb with the raspberries, sugar, flour, and salt.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Spread the filling over the center of the dough, leaving 2" rim all the way around.
- Fold the margin over the fruit, pleating as you go or just folding it in neatly- it should look rustic.
- Brush the edge with melted butter, then sprinkle the entire galette with sugar.
- Bake until the pastry is golden brown and the fruit is bubbling, about 45-55 minutes.
- Let cool 10 minutes, then transfer to a rack to finish cooling.
- Serve with unsweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.