Recipe by Baby Kato
This wonderful pie is from Better Homes & Gardens 1990 Best Recipes Yearbook..Perfect for your guests or loved ones...very impressive looking and well worth the effort...you won't believe that you made it...amazing flavours...
- 1 1⁄4 cups white sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 favourite pastry shells
- 3 cups rhubarb, cut into 1 inch peices
- 1 cup raspberries, fresh or 1 cup frozen raspberries (unsweetened)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter (or margarine)
- 1 sheet aluminum foil
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl combine 1 1/4 cups sugar, 1 tbsp flour, and 1/4 tsp nutmeg.
- Add eggs.
- Beat till well blended.
- Prepare pastry, combine rhubarb and raspberries and spoon into pastry.
- Pour the egg mixture over fruit.
- Cover the edges with foil to prevent overbrowning.
- Bake 375 degrees for 25 minutes, then remove foil and bake 15 minutes more.
- Combine 1/4 cup flour, 1/4 cup sugar, almonds, cinnamon and 1/2 tsp nutmeg.
- Cut in butter, until the size of a small pea.
- Remove pie from oven and sprinkle topping around the outer edge of fruit and custard.
- Leave a 5" circle in the center uncovered.
- Return to oven for 5 more minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Cover and chill any leftovers-- if you have any!