Recipe by Nimue2
My mother got this recipe from a magazine years ago. Clafouti is an unusual dessert....a little like a cross between cobbler and pudding. A wonderful change of pace.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup rhubarb
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup milk (approx.)
- 12 tablespoons sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 2⁄3 cup flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons flour
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter 8" baking pan.
- Melt 3 T butter in large heavy skillet.
- Add rhubarb, raisins, 6 T sugar, and 2 T water; cook til rhubarb is just tender, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.
- Drain and reserve juice.
- Add enough milk to juice to measure 1 1/4 c liquid.
- Combine remaining 6 T sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt in a blender.
- Add milk mixture and flour and blend.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Drop rhubarb mixture by dollops onto batter.
- Bake til tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 45 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Dust with powdered sugar.
- Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired.