Recipe by InnerHarmonyNutrition
I received a fruit pudding cake recipe from our CSA farmer some years ago and I have made the cake every year when we received rhubarb. This has been my favorite rhubarb recipe. I veganized the original recipe and also made it gluten-free. If you like a moist cake, I think you will like this one. For more healthy gluten-free recipes, please visit my blog, www.innerharmonynutrition.com.
- cooking cooking spray
- 250 ml vegan plain yogurt (I used vanilla coconut yogurt.)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (or Egg Replacer for one egg)
- 3⁄4 cup raw sugar (I used coconut sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups gluten-free flour or 1 1⁄2 cups rice flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups rhubarb, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, mix 1 Tbsp chia seeds and 3 Tbsp water and set aside for at least 15 minutes. Or use Egg Replacer for one egg.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C Lightly coat an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the yogurt, chia seed mixture, sugar and vanilla.
- Add the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda and mix well. Stir in the rhubarb slices.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 40 – 50 minutes. A cake tester should come out with just a few moist crumbs clinging to it.
- You can serve the cake warm (after cooling about 10 minutes) or cold. Don’t forget to infuse love before serving!