1/1 Photo of Rhubarb Pudding Cake
1 hr 10 mins
I received a fruit pudding cake recipe from our CSA farmer some years ago and I have made the cake every year when we received rhubarb. This has been my favorite rhubarb recipe. I veganized the original recipe and also made it gluten-free. If you like a moist cake, I think you will like this one. For more healthy gluten-free recipes, please visit my blog, www.innerharmonynutrition.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking cooking spray
- 250 ml vegan plain yogurt (I used vanilla coconut yogurt.)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (or Egg Replacer for one egg)
- 3/4 cup raw sugar (I used coconut sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour or 1 1/2 cups rice flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups rhubarb, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick pieces
- 1In a small bowl, mix 1 Tbsp chia seeds and 3 Tbsp water and set aside for at least 15 minutes. Or use Egg Replacer for one egg.
- 2Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C Lightly coat an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, mix the yogurt, chia seed mixture, sugar and vanilla.
- 4Add the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda and mix well. Stir in the rhubarb slices.
- 5Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 40 – 50 minutes. A cake tester should come out with just a few moist crumbs clinging to it.
- 6You can serve the cake warm (after cooling about 10 minutes) or cold. Don’t forget to infuse love before serving!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb Pudding Cake
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 91.8
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 304.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 18.4 g
- Protein 1.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: