1/1 Photo of Rhubarb Pork Loin
2 hrs 5 mins
1 hr 45 mins
This is out of a cookbook called "All New Diet Cookbook" dated 1992...not really sure what the diet is about...but this recipe sounds yummy...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 lb) pork loin roast, boneless and rolled
- 1 garlic clove, cut into 8 to 10 slivers
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 4 stalks rhubarb, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup honey, plus
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 6 whole cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 -3 drops red food coloring (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Place pork roast in roasting pan.
- 3Cut 8 to 10 slits in surface of pork and insert garlic slivers.
- 4Rub entire surface of roast with rosemary.
- 5Roast 1 hour.
- 6Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in small, heavy saucepan.
- 7Bring to a boil over high heat.
- 8Reduce heat to low.
- 9Simmer 10 minutes.
- 10Remove and discard whole cloves.
- 11Pour rhubarb sauce over pork; continue to roast, basting often, for about 45 minutes or until roast reaches an internal; temperature of 155°.
- 12Let stand 10 minutes to allow internal temperature to rise to 160°.
- 13Carve into thin slices.
- 14Heat rhubarb sauce remaining in roasting pan; serve with pork.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb Pork Loin
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.1
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 110.3 mg
- Sodium 200.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 39.3 g