Cook1 hr 45 mins
This is out of a cookbook called "All New Diet Cookbook" dated 1992...not really sure what the diet is about...but this recipe sounds yummy...
- 1 (3 lb) pork loin roast, boneless and rolled
- 1 garlic clove, cut into 8 to 10 slivers
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 4 stalks rhubarb, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup honey, plus
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 6 whole cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 -3 drops red food coloring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place pork roast in roasting pan.
- Cut 8 to 10 slits in surface of pork and insert garlic slivers.
- Rub entire surface of roast with rosemary.
- Roast 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in small, heavy saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove and discard whole cloves.
- Pour rhubarb sauce over pork; continue to roast, basting often, for about 45 minutes or until roast reaches an internal; temperature of 155°.
- Let stand 10 minutes to allow internal temperature to rise to 160°.
- Carve into thin slices.
- Heat rhubarb sauce remaining in roasting pan; serve with pork.