Recipe by Julesong
A traditional family favorite, kids and adults alike love this dish!
Top Review by SafrankaLady
I would have given another star but my husband didn't like it at all, although he doesn't really like rhubarb. I did enjoy it though, it was a very creative alternative to the old applesauce method.
- 4 pork chops
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 cups breadcrumbs
- 3 cups rhubarb, cut up
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons butter (optional)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet, brown the pork chops in oil and butter, together with the minced onion and garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- When done, remove chops to platter.
- Mix 1/4 cup of the pan drippings with bread crumbs.
- Separate 1/2 cup of the bread crumbs and set aside.
- Sprinkle the remaining seasoned crumbs into a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, combine rhubarb, sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
- Spoon half of the mixture over the bread crumbs in the pan.
- Arrange pork chops on top, then spoon remaining rhubarb mixture over chops.
- Drizzle with honey.
- Cover pan with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Remove the foil and sprinkle with the remaining crumbs.
- Dot with butter (optional).
- Bake uncovered for 15 minutes longer.