Prep 10 mins
Cook 31 mins
Another great way to use up your bumper crop of rhubarb!
- 3 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1 (19 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 5 cups granulated sugar
- 6 ounces liquid pectin
- Combine rhubarb, pineapple and sugar in a large saucepan.
- Heat and stir on low until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to a boil.
- Boil uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring often.
- Skim foam if needed.
- Stir in pectin and bring to a full rolling boil.
- Boil hard for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Skim off foam.
- Pour into hot sterilized half pint jars leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Wipe rims, seal and screw on bands.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 5 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet.
- Remove and let stand on a clean towel-check seals and label.
- Store for up to 1 year in a cool dark place.
I used powdered pectin & only 4 cups of sugar. Turned out great, and hubby loves it!
I just found this recipe on Aug.21 and made it same day. YUM! Am sharing with friends and family and getting rave reviews.
I agree with AlaskaCook - I also chose this recipe because it did not use Jello. It turned out great, has a nice flavor and I will definitely make it again.