Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 31 mins
Another great way to use up your bumper crop of rhubarb!
Make and share this Rhubarb Pineapple Jam recipe from Food.com.
- Combine rhubarb, pineapple and sugar in a large saucepan.
- Heat and stir on low until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to a boil.
- Boil uncovered for 30 minutes, stirring often.
- Skim foam if needed.
- Stir in pectin and bring to a full rolling boil.
- Boil hard for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Skim off foam.
- Pour into hot sterilized half pint jars leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Wipe rims, seal and screw on bands.
- Process in a boiling water bath for 5 minutes at altitudes up to 1000 feet.
- Remove and let stand on a clean towel-check seals and label.
- Store for up to 1 year in a cool dark place.
I used powdered pectin & only 4 cups of sugar. Turned out great, and hubby loves it!
I just found this recipe on Aug.21 and made it same day. YUM! Am sharing with friends and family and getting rave reviews.
I agree with AlaskaCook - I also chose this recipe because it did not use Jello. It turned out great, has a nice flavor and I will definitely make it again.