Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
Rhubarb and Pineapple? YES! The sweetness of the pineapple really offsets the rhubarb in this delicious pie set in a creamy filling. Fresh pineapple works best, but canned will do the trick if it's all you have on hand. Hope you enjoy!
- 591.47 ml rhubarb, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 236.59 ml chopped fresh pineapple
- 236.59 ml white sugar
- 29.58 ml butter
- 1 egg
- 29.58 ml flour
- 1 uncooked pie shell
- 29.58 ml packed brown sugar
- 44.37 ml flour
- 29.58 ml butter
- Place rhubarb in a bowl and cover with boiling water for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, with a mixer, mix sugar, egg, butter and flour until smooth.
- Strain rhubarb well.
- With wooden spoon, add pineapple and rhubarb to batter and mix.
- Pour into uncooked pie shell.
- Mix topping ingredients with a fork and sprinkle over uncooked pie.
- Bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until set.
- Top with whipped cream if desired.
I loved the flavor, but wouldn't add the topping next time. Guess I just don't have that much of a sweet tooth. I prefer the crunchy topping that the custard forms as it bakes. Mine took a bit longer to bake- but my oven may be off. Seems noone else had time issues. Will definately make again. Added a touch of nutmeg.
DH is standing over me, ensuring that I give this 5 stars!! We both loved it. It tastes fabulous, the combo of pineapple and rhubarb is sweet and tart. Very easy to make and the recipe is written well. I was worried that there would not be enough topping, and I was wrong, it was perfect, and I wouldn't change a thing! Thanks ~Leslie~!!
A wonderful pie!! I loved the idea of the combo of pineapple and rhubarb. We like to keep fresh pineapple in our house pretty much year round, and I love when rhubarb comes into season and I am able to find it fresh. in this recipe the pineapple almost melts completely into the custard; and the creaminess with the tender rhubarb chunks is delicious!! The instruction is straight forward, easy to follow and the result is a to die for good pie!! Thank you Leslie for a lovely treat!! I can't wait to share this with my Mother who is the biggest fan of rhubarb on earth!!