Rhubarb and Pineapple? YES! The sweetness of the pineapple really offsets the rhubarb in this delicious pie set in a creamy filling. Fresh pineapple works best, but canned will do the trick if it's all you have on hand. Hope you enjoy!
- Place rhubarb in a bowl and cover with boiling water for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, with a mixer, mix sugar, egg, butter and flour until smooth.
- Strain rhubarb well.
- With wooden spoon, add pineapple and rhubarb to batter and mix.
- Pour into uncooked pie shell.
- Mix topping ingredients with a fork and sprinkle over uncooked pie.
- Bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until set.
- Top with whipped cream if desired.