1/4 Photos of Rhubarb Pineapple Custard Pie
1 hr 5 mins
Rhubarb and Pineapple? YES! The sweetness of the pineapple really offsets the rhubarb in this delicious pie set in a creamy filling. Fresh pineapple works best, but canned will do the trick if it's all you have on hand. Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups rhubarb, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 uncooked pie shell
- 1Place rhubarb in a bowl and cover with boiling water for about 5 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, with a mixer, mix sugar, egg, butter and flour until smooth.
- 3Strain rhubarb well.
- 4With wooden spoon, add pineapple and rhubarb to batter and mix.
- 5Pour into uncooked pie shell.
- 6Mix topping ingredients with a fork and sprinkle over uncooked pie.
- 7Bake at 375° for 50-60 minutes or until set.
- 8Top with whipped cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb Pineapple Custard Pie
Serving Size: 1 (129 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.6
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 41.7 mg
- Sodium 169.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 30.6 g
- Protein 3.1 g