- 1 pastry for a double-crust 9-inch pie
- 5 cups dried rhubarb
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon, rind of, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Roll half the pastry out on a floured surface and place into 9" pie pan.
- Mix the next seven ingredients together and place into pie crust.
- Roll other half of pie crust out and place over the top of the filling.
- Crimp edges attractively and pierce the top all over with a fork to let the steam escape.
- Bake at 450F for 15 minutes, reduce heat to 350F and continue baking for 30 additional minutes or until done.
- Remove to a cooling rack and serve once cooled.