Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
My wife's favorite birthday present, since her b-day is at the end of May right when the rhubarb is in it's best picking season.
No Roll Pastry
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons 2% low-fat milk
- 6 cups diced unpeeled rhubarb
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chilled butter, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup chilled butter, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare pastry. mix flour, salt, and sugar. Add oil and milk incorporating with pastry cutter or fork. Press into deep dish pie pan by hand.
- Prepare filling. Combine rhubarb, sugar, and flour. place into pastry lined pie pan. Dot with butter.
- Prepare Topping. Mix butter, sugar ,and flour with pastry cutter or fork until crumbly. sprinkle over filling.
- Bake 1 hour or until filling is bubbly and topping is browned.