Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Rhubarb is called "pie plant" for a good reason! This sweetly delicious pie is from the New England chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups rhubarb, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 pie crusts (either storebought or your own recipe)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut one of the pie crusts into strips; set aside.
- Mix sugar and flour thoroughly; add egg and mix well and add rhubarb.
- Line piepan with pastry, fill with rhubarb mixture and arrange pastry strips in a lattice fashion over the top.
- Bake at 400F for 20 minutes; reduce heat to 350F and bake for 25 minutes longer.