Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
Bundt Cake Bliss
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 cup sugar, plus
- 3 teaspoons sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups rhubarb, chopped
- 1 cup walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°; prepare 12-cup Bundt pan using butter and flour or Baker’s Joy; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a small dish, combine cinnamon, cardamom, and 3 teaspoons sugar; set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the white sugar, brown sugar, and butter until fluffy; beat in the egg.
- Add flour mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Add in buttermilk and vanilla; mix just until blended.
- Stir in the rhubarb and nuts.
- Place half the batter in the pan and smooth out the surface.
- Sprinkle it with half the sugar mixture; pour the remaining batter in the pan and sprinkle with the remaining sugar mixture.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a pick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Only needs a light dusting of powdered sugar as a topping.