Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe was listed in the Iowa Farmer Today Paper. My FIL made this for me and topped it off with homeade strawberry ice-cream. It is like a cobbler.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup pancake mix
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 -4 cups rhubarb, cut up
- 3⁄4 cup pancake mix
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Mix bottom layer ingredients together and put in 9x13 pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix together first 3 ingredients of the top layer until crumbly and put on top of the rhubarb layer.
- Drizzle melted butter over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
We all thought this was "nummy nummy nummy," to quote my daughter. I halved the recipe (before noticing it only called for one egg) because I misjudged the amount of rhubarb I was buying. It turned out great (I beat the egg then only used about half of it, ha ha). I really think the number of servings is misleading. I divided my half-recipe in 8, but two of those portions seemed just right. I believe the number of servings in the full recipe should be 8, not 20.
This was a very yummy and quick to prepare dessert. I used Whole Grain Pancake Mix Recipe #73505 and substituted half the sugar for Splenda. My husband loves rhubarb and cobbler and he loved this! I think that next time I will bake it in a 8x8 pan instead of a 9x13 pan because I like it thicker. Thanks for posting!