Recipe by Olha
Even non rhubarb eaters love Rhubarb-Orange Cream pie! It’s a never fail recipe and a good way to use up your surplus rhubarb. You can freeze rhubarb so that you can have this pie in any season.
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup soft butter or 1⁄4 cup regular margarine
- 3 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups rhubarb, cut in ½ inch pieces
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell, with fluted rim
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat egg whites in bowl until stiff.
- Gradually add 1/4 cup sugar, beating well after each addition.
- Add butter and orange concentrate to egg yolks; beat thoroughly.
- Add 1 cup sugar, flour and salt; beat well.
- Add rhubarb to yolk mixture; stir well.
- Gently fold in meringue.
- Pour into pastry-lined pan; sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake on bottom rack in 375 oven 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 325 F.
- ;bake 45 to 50 minutes more.
- Cool on rack.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- Farm Journals Best Ever Recipes.