Recipe by Out of the Blue
I've had this recipe it seems like forever and can't remember where I got it from. With the addition of almond extract, they are a bit different from other recipes. These are our favourites.
Top Review by Terri Newell
Delicious, moist muffins. I stretched the batter to fill 12 cups, so the muffins were smaller, which I prefer for my kids. The sugar on top...about 1/8tsp each....really added a nice touch. I'll definitely be making these again soon! Please note....they only needed to bake about 10 minutes at this size.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups rhubarb, diced (or other fruit)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients (5 first ingredients).
- Beat egg, add milk, oil and almond extract. Pour egg mixture into dry ingredients and stir to moisten.
- Fold in rhubarb.
- Pour into muffin tins (8 muffins) and sprinkle tops with sugar.
- Bake at 375 F for 20 to 25 minutes until nicely brown.
- NOTE: I've used either fresh or frozed rhubarb and the muffins turned out equally well.