I couldn't find a muffin that quite fit the bill for me, and so fiddled, combined, etc. and came up with this one. I hope that you enjoy!
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix the oatmeal, flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg well in a large bowl.
- Mix the brown sugar, sour cream, egg, oil, and vanilla well in a medium bowl.
- Pour the wet into the dry and fold until about halfway mixed.
- Add the rhubarb and fold until just combined.
- Portion into a greased muffin tin and sprinkle the tops with the sugar.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.