Recipe by Dwynnie
I couldn't find a muffin that quite fit the bill for me, and so fiddled, combined, etc. and came up with this one. I hope that you enjoy!
Top Review by Vronz
Excellent, easy and will definitely make these again. I admit to adding a little extra nutmeg (personal preference) and omitting the turbinado sugar. So yummy. I was a little skeptical since I'd never cooked raw rhubarb before. The rhubarb cooked up so well, soft and tangy, balanced well against the sweetness of the brown sugar and the spice of the nutmeg & cinnamon. Saved it to my Favorites! I made some into muffins and the rest in a small cake pan, like a coffee cake.
- 1 1⁄4 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups rhubarb, chopped
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix the oatmeal, flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg well in a large bowl.
- Mix the brown sugar, sour cream, egg, oil, and vanilla well in a medium bowl.
- Pour the wet into the dry and fold until about halfway mixed.
- Add the rhubarb and fold until just combined.
- Portion into a greased muffin tin and sprinkle the tops with the sugar.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Cool in the pans for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.