1 hr 5 mins
Elly in Canada's Note:
This warm dessert includes a baked triple fruit filling, a sweet nutty topping and a rich vanilla ice cream. Yummy! From the Manor Inn, Nova Scotia
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 24 ounces fresh rhubarb, trimmed, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 5 cups)
- 6 ounces cortland apples, peeled cut into bite size chunks (2 apples)
- 8 ounces fresh strawberries, stemmed and cut in half
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons tawny port or 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Mix fruit, sugar, flour, butter and port in large bowl to combine.
- 3Divide mixture among eight 1-cup ramekins. Place ramekins on large baking sheet and bake fruit mixture 10 - 15 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, prepare crumble:
- 5Mix golden brown sugar, chopped walnuts, flour and butter in medium bowl.
- 6Crumble over hot rhubarb mixture, dividing equally.
- 7Place back in the oven and bake until rhubarb mixture is tender and bubbling, and crumble is golden brown, approximately 20 minutes.
- 8Serve warm with a scoop of your favourite vanilla ice cream.
- 9At Manor Inn, they serve crumble with some fresh blackberries, strawberries and a drizzle of strawberry puree with cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb Nutty Crumble
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.3
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 10.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 33.2 g
- Protein 2.7 g