Recipe by Baby Kato
The best way to serve this delicious betty is warm with a dollop of whipped cream. I hope that you will enjoy this summer treasure. To ensure maximum flavour use fresh, ripe fruit.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
my family enjoyed this wonderful crisp, used 2 small peaches in place of nectarines, the fresh apricots really bring this to life, I rediced the salt to 1/8 teaspoon, thanks for sharing BK!
- 3 cups fresh rhubarb, unsweetened, sliced
- 1 cup fresh nectarine, peeled, sliced
- 1 cup fresh apricot, peeled, sliced
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups soft breadcrumbs, white, cubed (5 slices)
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Stir together, sugar, flour and salt.
- Add rhubarb, nectarines and apricots, toss until well coated.
- Next, add two cups of bread cubes to the mixture and drizzle with 2 tbsps of melted butter and 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Mix gently and put into a 8x8 pan.
- Combine the remaining bread crumbs, butter, orange rind and orange juice together and pour ontop of fruit mixture.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 25 - 35 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!