Recipe by Mia in Germany
From a German organic food magazin called "Schrot und Korn". Haven't tried it yet. Makes a nice gift. Preparation and cooking time don't include resting time overnight.
- 6 1⁄2 ounces rhubarb
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 3 1⁄2 ounces yellow mustard seeds
- 3⁄8 cup vinegar, raspberry
- 1⁄4 cup port wine
- 1 tablespoon tarragon, fresh
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice rhubarb, combine with 2 tablespoons honey.
- Boil with 3/8 cup water, covered, until rhubarb falls apart (about 6 minutes).
- Continue boiling, uncovered, until reduced to half of the liquid.
- In a spice grinder, grind mustard seeds finely - be careful not to let it get hot! Also don't stick your nose into the evaporating odor when you open the grinder, it burns!
- Combine mustard powder with raspberry vinegar, port wine, 2 tablespoons honey and cooled rhubarb, blend with immersion belnder until smooth.
- Chop tarragon and stir inches.
- Let stand, covered, overnight.
- The next day, fill into clean glass jar ad keep refrigerated.