Whatever form this quick bread is baked in, it's the highlight of any breakfast or coffee break. Yields 18 muffins or 2 loaves.
- In large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In separate bowl, blend sugar with oil; whisk in egg, buttermilk and vanilla.
- Stir into dry ingredients along with rhubarb just until flour is incorporated.
- Spoon into greased or paper-lined muffin tins, filling 3/4 full or spoon into two greased 8 by 4-inch loaf pans.
- TOPPING: Combine sugar, butter and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake in 350 degrees F.
- oven for 20 to 25 minutes for muffins, 40 to 45 minutes for loaves, or until cake tester inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to let cool completely.
These are excellent. I made 12 large muffins, baked for 30 minutes. Also substituted 1 cup whole wheat flour. Great recipe!
In the muffins I used only 1 cup of brown sugar. But other that, followed the recipe. I made 18 muffins and baked them 25 minutes. They're so good. Thanks Boyz 5 :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game