- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups rhubarb, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In separate bowl, blend sugar with oil; whisk in egg, buttermilk and vanilla.
- Stir into dry ingredients along with rhubarb just until flour is incorporated.
- Spoon into greased or paper-lined muffin tins, filling 3/4 full or spoon into two greased 8 by 4-inch loaf pans.
- TOPPING: Combine sugar, butter and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake in 350 degrees F.
- oven for 20 to 25 minutes for muffins, 40 to 45 minutes for loaves, or until cake tester inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to let cool completely.