Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
Soon it'll be spring and fresh rhubarb will be available. This recipe is from Simply in Season.
Top Review by averybird
I used plain yogurt in these muffins and they came out very moist. The flavors were great too. After sharing them at work, I even had one co-worker ask for the recipe. [Made for The I Recommend Tag]
- 354.88 ml unbleached flour or 354.88 ml whole wheat flour
- 236.59 ml whole wheat flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 236.59 ml buttermilk or 236.59 ml sour milk or 236.59 ml plain yogurt
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 354.88 ml fresh rhubarb, diced
- 118.29 ml nuts, toasted and chopped (optional)
- 59.14 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml butter, melted
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 4.92 ml flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, combine the two flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt (first 5 ingredients).
- I another bowl, combine the buttermilk, brown sugar, oil, egg and vanilla, mixing thoroughly (next 5 ingredients).
- Stir in dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Stir in rhubarb and nuts (if using).
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin tins two-thirds full.
- Combine final 4 ingredients and sprinkle on top of batter.
- Preheat oven to 375F and bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean (about 20 minutes).
- Remove from pans and cool on wire racks.