Recipe by VickiAk
I make this in the summer when I have lots of rhubarb in the garden.
Top Review by Southern Polar Bear
These are really good muffins! The only change that I made was to reduce the amount of sugar from 1 1/2 cups to 1 cup. They were still perfectly sweet, especially with the added sugar sprinkled on top. Made for Spring PAC 2010.
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups finely chopped rhubarb
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour milk
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl beat egg, sugar, oil and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add rhubarb.
- Stir in dry ingredients.
- Stir in milk.
- Fill well greased muffin pans 3/4 full.
- Mix together sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 to 30 minutes.