Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an excellent family recipe that has a great flavor. I found alot of other recipes to have different ingredients, and mine is a wonderful recipe. It has a wonderful topping that will melt in your mouth!
- 2 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup salad oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 cups cut fresh rhubarb
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- Mix sugar, egg, oil, vanilla, and buttermilk.
- Stir in rhubarb.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Add to rhubarb mixture.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full (24 muffins).
- Sprinkle each with the topping.
- Bake at 375 degrees, for 15-25 minutes.
These were really tasty. However, they did not set up correctly for me...the middles collapsed in on themselves!! The kids didn't mind and attacked the pieces like mad, though!
What a lovely change from other muffins! Turned out perfectly, can't wait to share them with my co-workers in the staff room. Natalie from Pembroke, Ontario, Canada (where the rhubard grows the best!)
This was very tasty and worked out well. I think that the other rating for this item was flawed, and perhaps the person should check the age of their baking products.