1/2 Photos of Rhubarb Muffin Squares
1 hr 5 mins
Jacqueline in KY's Note:
This recipe is from a friend and one thing we always have plenty of is rhubarb.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Combine the brown sugar, almonds and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside for the topping.
- 3Combine buttermilk and wheat bran and allow to stand.
- 4Stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- 5Cream together the butter and brown sugar.
- 6Add egg and vanilla, beat well.
- 7Add the dry mixture to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk and bran mixture, mixing well after each addition.
- 8Stir in 1 cup diced rhubarb.
- 9Spoon batter into prepared 9" x 9" pan.
- 10Top with remaining rhubarb.
- 11Sprinkle with almond topping.
- 12Bake for 45 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb Muffin Squares
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.6
- Calories from Fat 94
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 38.7 mg
- Sodium 273.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 19.1 g
- Protein 4.5 g