Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
- Cook the sugar and water until it forms a thick syrup (the temperature should be 238 degrees).
- Beat the egg whites and when they foam, add the salt and cream of tartar, and continue to beat until they start to form soft peaks.
- Add in a slow steady stream the hot sugar syrup, beating constantly, and continue to beat until the mixture has cooled and is thick.
- Beat the cream in a separate bowl until almost stiff, then beat in the liqueur.
- Fold the whipped cream into the egg white-sugar syrup mixture and freeze for 2 hours.
- Remove the bowl from the freezer and stir in the pureed rhubarb.
- If you are not serving immediately, hold the mousse in the freezer.
- Serve in a glass bowl or in sherbet glasses, decorated with berries.