Recipe by steam queen
Yummy, rhubarb-ey and light...though not light on calories! Delightful, delicious, and very more-ish.Find more recipes on my site http://cravepublishing.com/steamovencooking
- 500 g rhubarb, stalks cleaned and chopped into 1 inch lengths
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 300 ml whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup caster sugar
- 3 drops rose pink food coloring
- 6 g sachet gelatin
Directions See How It's Made
- Place rhubarb, 2 tablespoons caster sugar and vanilla in ceramic dish.
- Process in steam oven for 25 minutes. OR:.
- Steam in Thermomix on 90 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Place in Thermomix bowl.
- Add gelatine, food coloring and whisk on reverse, Level 3 for 30 seconds or until blended completely.
- Either leave in Thermomix bowl and refrigerate over night or transfer to a different container. (Because clearly you cannot do without your Thermomix for 24 hours!).
- THE NEXT DAY:Using butterfly attachment, whisk cream with remaining sugar until peaks form. (WARNING: I made sweet butter the first time…no longer than 1 minute on 3 will do!).
- Add rhubarb mixture and blend, again in reverse and on 3. This may take over a minute, but just check and when happy, you’re done!
- Put mousse into moulds or ramekins.
- Chill several hours or overnight.
- Drizzle melted white chocolate (Induction 1 for quite a while!) over mousse and then decorate with either a raspberry coulis or reserve some of the steamed rhubarb and make a rhubarb coulis with 1/2 cup caster sugar, at least 1/2 cup cooked rhubarb, and coloring, cooked on Induction 6 until blended. Push through sieve and store in fridge.