Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
A perfect dessert for these lazy summer days.
- 500 g rhubarb
- 250 g heavy cream
- 15 g vanilla sugar
- 150 g sugar
- 3 teaspoons gelatin
- 100 g water
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- Wash, peel and cut the rhubarb into 1 inch pieces.
- Cook it with half cup water until just tender (about 5 minutes).
- Blend it with sugar and vanilla extract or orange zest. Set aside to cool.
- Melt the gelatin in a small amount of hot water, add to the blended rhubarb.
- Whip the cream, stir together with the blended rhubarb - gently!
- Refrigerate for several hours until the dessert stiffens into a creamy substance.
This made a nice dessert. However, my cream curdled when I added the rhubarb mixture. Also, it was just a touch sweet; next time I will cut down on the sugar.