Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An old timey recipe from the US Regional Cookbook, Chicago Culinary Arts Institute, 1947. While this recipe is written in an old-fashioned way, it is perfectly safe if processed using modern methods. If you are unfamiliar with these modern techniques, please go to http://www.uga.edu/nchfp/how/can_home.html for the current information.
- Wash rhubarb and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Cover with sugar and let stand overnight.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Heat to the boiling point.
- Reduce heat and simmer about 40 minutes or until thick.
- Stir frequently to prevent burning.
- Pour into sterilized jars, seal and cool.