Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
I love rhubarb. I grew up with a grandmother that made all kinds of rhubarb recipes and so I am always on the prowl for a new one. I found this one is her recipe box so I thought I would share it. If you are using frozen rhubarb, measure while frozen then thaw completely in a colander. Do not press the liquid out.
- 4 cups rhubarb, diced
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar, divided
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- In a large bowl, combine rhubarb and 1 1/2 c sugar. Transfer to a greased 11x7 dish. Sprinkle with marshmallows.
- In a small mixing bowl, cream butter, vanilla and remaining sugar.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt then add alternately with milk to the creamed mixture.
- Beat just until moistened. Spoon over rhubarb/marshmallows.
- Bake 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm.
This is delicious! I will definitely be making it again. It is almost too sweet, but at the same time it's the perfect amount of sweetness for the rhubarb. I did not have a 11x7 dish, so I used a casserole dish, and covered the top with large marshmallows.