Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Cooking Light April 2012
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 lbs rhubarb, coarsely chopped
- 3 cups vodka
- 1⁄2 cup Grand Marnier or 1⁄2 cup other orange-flavored liqueur
- Bring sugar and water to a boil in a small saucepan, stirring just until sugar dissolves; remove from heat. Cool.
- Place coarsely chopped rhubarb in a wide-mouth jar. Add vodka, Grand Marnier, and cooled sugar syrup; stir.
- Screw lid on tightly; let stand at room temperature for 2 to 3 weeks or until all the color leaches out of rhubarb. Strain mixture through a sieve over a bowl; discard solids.