Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Cooking Light May 2008. This is definitely a keeper. Makes about 8 cups of soup.
Make and share this Rhubarb-Lentil Soup With Creme Fraiche recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 3⁄4 cup dried petite green lentil
- cooking spray
- 2 cups finely chopped carrots
- 1 3⁄4 cups finely chopped celery
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped red onions
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups chopped rhubarb, about 12 ounces
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 6 tablespoons creme fraiche
- dill sprigs (optional)
- Pour 1 1/2 cups boiling water over lentils in a small bowl; let stand 10 minutes.
- Heat a dutch oven over medium high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add carrot, celery, onion, and parsley to pan; saute for 4 minutes. Add rhubarb and saute for 3 minutes. Drain lentils and add lentils to pan. Stir in chicken broth and salt; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 35 minutes or until lentils are tender.
- Remove from heat; let cool 5 minutes. Place 3 cups lentil mixture in a blender or food processor. Remove center piece of blender lid to allow steam to escape. secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid to avoid spatters. Blend until smooth. return pureed mixture to pan; stir in pepper.
- Combine chopped dill and creme fraiche in a small bowl. Serve creme fraiche mixture on top of soup; garnish with dill sprigs.