Recipe by Hey Jude
Tasty non-alcoholic punch that's perfect for showers, children's birthday parties, etc. This can be made less sweet by substituting sparkling water or club soda for the lemon-lime soda. I got this from a newspaper, don't remember which one. Prep and cook time does not include 2 hour chilling time.
- 4 -5 cups diced rhubarb, fresh or frozen
- 1 (6 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) bottlechilled carbonated lemon-lime beverage
Directions See How It's Made
- Put rhubarb, lemonade concentrate, water and sugar into a large, nonreactive saucepan; heat to simmer over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low; cover, cook until rhubarb is very soft, about 20 minutes.
- Press mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a pitcher; discard pulp.
- Refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours.
- Pour rhubarb mixture over ice in a small punch bowl; slowly pour in lemon-lime soda and serve immediately.