Recipe by karen in tbay
We have 4 patches of rhubarb and always looking for new recipes to try and I have copied this recipe twice from magazines on 2 separate occasions so will post here to try this spring.
Top Review by Mumsie Meem
Easy to make and different...which was what I was looking for. My children LOVE it. I am not quite sure what to think of it. I think it's lacking something (although I'm not sure what that "something" is) or I just can't seem to get over the fact that I'm drinking rhubarb . I gave it 4 stars because it's easy and it won my children over.
- 3 cups water
- 8 cups chopped rhubarb
- 3 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 1⁄2 cups lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In large saucepan stir together the water, chopped rhubarb, sugar and lemon rind.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to med low, simmer til sugar dissolved and rhubarb breaks up about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice.
- Strain thru fine sieve pressing out liquid.
- Let cool.
- To serve add 3 parts water to 1 part syrup.
- Serve over ice.
- Syrup keeps 3 weeks refrigerated.