Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is different from any I found here. I don't remember where I got it from but I've been making it for years. Best with what is known as "Strawberry Rhubarb"
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons margarine (or butter)
- 1 egg, beaten with
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 (85 g) strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 5 cups sliced rhubarb
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter
- Cut margarine or butter into the first set of dry ingredients until it looks like coarse crumbs. Add egg and milk mixture; stir till moist. Pat evenly on bottom and 1 inch up the sides of pan.
- Mix together the Jello, rhubarb, the 1/3 cup sugar and 3 tbsp flour and turn into crust lined pan.
- Cut margarine or butter into the last set of dry ingredients until it looks like coarse crumbs and sprinkle evenly over the rhubarb.
- Bake in 375°F oven.
- Serve topped with whipped cream or ice cream.