Recipe by Gran Dee
Here's how to use some of that strawberry rhubarb. I've had this a long time and don't remember where I got it.
Top Review by kfothergill1
Great flavor,I used a food processor for the base and topping and cut the rhubarb with kitchen scissors. This makes it a quick dessert to make. Good with Strawberry Ice cream.
FOR THE BASE
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, beaten with
- 2 tablespoons milk
FOR THE MIDDLE PART
- 1 (85 g) strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 5 cups sliced rhubarb
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
FOR THE TOPPING
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat the oven to 375.
- THE BASE: Cut margarine or butter into dry ingredients until it looks like coarse crumbs. Add egg & milk mixture; stir till moist. Pat evenly on bottom and 1" up the sides of 9x9" pan.
- THE MIDDLE PART: Mix all the ingredients together and turn into crust lined pan.
- TOPPING: Cut together and sprinkle evenly over the rhubarb.
- Bake for 45 minutes; cool and serve with ice cream or whipped cream.