Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
try this the next time you grill steak
- 2 lbs rhubarb, diced
- 1⁄3 cup ruby port
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 orange, zest of, peeled in strips
- cayenne pepper
- in a saucepan combine all ingredients and bring to a boil.
- remove from heat for 30 minutes.
- cover and simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes until rhubarb is tender.
- remove orange zest and discard.
- puree with a hand blender or pour into blender.
- check seasoning.
- pour into covered bowl and refrigerate.
This was different but good! I think I will reduce the sugar a bit next time (just personal preference) and my family loves sweet lol! but this was really sweet! This definately needs to chill overnight before using. Thanks Chia! ... Kitten:)