- 1 quart stewed rhubarb
- 1 quart chopped white onion
- 1 quart white vinegar
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 tablespoons pickling spices
Directions See How It's Made
- First of all you can use a little less brown sugar if desired depending on the tartness of your rhubarb, and anywhere from 1 1/2 tablespoons to 3 tablespoons of mixed spices or pickling spices.
- Combine all ingredients and bring to a boil and simmer 1 1/2 hours, stirring frequently.
- Strain and pour into hot sterile jars, close to seal.