Recipe by Domestic Goddess
A very easy rhubarb jam to make; only using 3 ingredients, rhubarb, sugar, and a boxed gelatin, either cherry, raspberry, or strawberry.
Top Review by Bohod
Am just about to make a second batch. Great recipe. I sliced up 6 or 7 strawberries and added to the Rhubarb as it was cooking. Goes great with #30367 Rhubarb Bread. Handed out some to family and friends that's why the second batch is on the go.
- 5 cups sliced rhubarb, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) box cherry gelatin or 1 (3 ounce) boxraspberry gelatin or 1 (3 ounce) box strawberry gelatin
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, add the rhubarb and sugar; stir to coat evenly.
- Cover the bowl, and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next morning, place the rhubarb mixture in a large kettle.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly; until the mixture starts to boil.
- Lower the heat just abit, and continue cooking for 12 minutes (stirring constantly).
- Remove kettle from the heat; and stir in the dry gelatin powder.
- Transfer the jam to 4 half pint-size sterlized glass jars.
- Cover the jars with lids, and let the jam cool to room temperature; before storing it in the refrigerator or freezer.