Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This was one of my great-grandmother's own recipes, she sure was a whiz in the kitchen!
Make and share this Rhubarb Jam recipe from Food.com.
- Cut rhubarb on bias so it doesn't become stringy.
- Mix sugar and rhubarb in a heavy pan and cook over low heat (add no water).
- Stir and boil 10 minutes then remove from heat.
- Stir in Jello until dissolved.
- Pour into jars and seal with lids or place open jars into the freezer.
Delicious, Rhubarb Jam very easy to make. Made it just like the recipe said. Got 5 -1/2 pints instead of 8. We grow Rhubarh so I will be using this recipe again & again. Thank you for posting the recipe.
This is the second time we have made this. I love how simple and quick it can can be made. The Jello adds sweetness, the red color, and flavor. I doubled the recipe and cooked it a little longer so that it be closer to 220 degrees, which is what my candy themometer suggested. My daughter said, "It tastes like a lollypop!"
This is absolutely delicious. I do not like rhubarb, but made it because my family loves it. I even liked it in this jam. Will make many times. Thank you for posting your grandmothers recipe.