Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in an Amish cookbook that was published by a local Amish restaurant by the employees. My kids love this jam and always ask for it every year when rhubarb is in season.
- 2 cups rhubarb, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple (do not drain)
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert (can use raspberry or cherry)
- Combine rhubarb, sugar, and pineapple in a 3 qt saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in jello until dissolved.
- Pour into jars and refrigerate.
- Makes 48 tablespoons or 1 1/2 pints.
Really enjoyed this! I subbed sugar-free jello and used 1/2 splenda and 1/2 white sugar it worked just fine. (I did however forget to save the pineapple juice) but that was fine too. I made this for my Dad as part of his Dad Day gift. He just loved it! Just the right amount of sweet. Thanks LA! I will make this again! Made for 1.2.3 Hits!
this was good although the full package of strawberry jelly slightly blocked out some of the rhubarb flavor, I might give it a try but reduce the Jello amount and see if it will still set properly, thanks for sharing LA!