1 hr 10 mins
Miss Erin's Note:
Kind of like a cobbler. Really good, I need all the rhubarb recipes I can find because it's one of my favorite dessert flavors. This is super easy. From the San Francisco Chronicle Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh rhubarb, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3/4-1 cup sugar (depending on sourness of fruit)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Grease a shallow 8x12 baking dish with butter, set on a baking sheet.
- 3Spread the chopped rhubarb over the bottom of the baking dish.
- 4Sprinkle with the sugar, coating evenly.
- 5Dot with the butter.
- 6Sift the flour, sugar and salt into a mixing bowl, gently stir in the cream to make a sticky dough Spread this mixture over the fruit, covering evenly.
- 7Bake for 45 minutes or until the fruit is bubbling and the top is golden.
- 8Serve with cream, ice cream or custard.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rhubarb Grunt
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.2
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 61.1 mg
- Sodium 162.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 24.4 g
- Protein 2.9 g