Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
- Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Roast in 325 oven for 1 1/4 hours to 1 3/4 hours or until fork tender.
- For glaze: In a 2 quart sauce pan combine rhubarb and cranberry juice. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 15 minutes or till rhubarb is very tender.
- Strain mixture into a 2 cup liquid measure pressing out liquid with the back of a spoon.
- Add enough water to equal 1 1/4 cup.
- Discard pulp.
- In the same saucepan stir together cornstarch and 2 Tbsp water.
- Stir in rhubarb liquid.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Stir in honey, mustard and vinegar.
- Heat through.
- Brush some of the glaze onto the meat for the last 30 minutes of roasting.
- Cover meat with foil; let stand 15 minutes before carving.
- Heat remaining glaze; serve with meat.
Excellent sauce. Good use of excess rhubarb. Meat was very moist and tender. I substituted juice for the cranberry-apple concentrate and reduced the liquid.
I did this in the crockpot. It was excellent and got rave reviews from my husband!
This was very easy to fix and the sauce was wonderful! A nice taste of spring during the winter using frozen rhubarb. I cooked the pork loin in my rotisserie oven and it was very juicy. My husband who doesn't usually care for pork loved this one. I will fix this one again. Other than the rotisserie oven, I followed the recipe exactly, it was great!