Recipe by NoraMarie
I got this off the net a long time ago. Source: The rhubarb Compendium. It’s very good--I make it every year.
Top Review by Backwoods Foodie
My picky eater of a son LOVES this! I put it on a pbj sandwich and waited for him to complain...he ate it faster than I have ever seen him eat a sandwich before! We will definately be making this again!! Thank you so much for the recipe!
- 8 cups rhubarb
- 2 oranges
- 4 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 lemon
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped preserved gingerroot (candied)
Directions See How It's Made
- In heavy saucepan or metal bowl, mix rhubarb and sugar.
- Let stand all night or all day.
- Cut rind from oranges and lemon into 1 inch pieces or smaller; cover with cold water and bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and set aside.
- Remove pith from oranges and lemon and chop pulp, add to rhubarb.
- Bring to full rolling boil.
- Reduce heat and cook about 10 minutes, until jam stage is reached.
- Remove from heat and add ginger and rind.
- Stir 5 minutes, skim foam.
- Pour in sterile hot jars, put hot lids on and screw tight.
- Makes 7 cups.