Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
I got this off the net a long time ago. Source: The rhubarb Compendium. It’s very good--I make it every year.
- 8 cups rhubarb
- 2 oranges
- 4 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 lemon
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped preserved gingerroot (candied)
- In heavy saucepan or metal bowl, mix rhubarb and sugar.
- Let stand all night or all day.
- Cut rind from oranges and lemon into 1 inch pieces or smaller; cover with cold water and bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and set aside.
- Remove pith from oranges and lemon and chop pulp, add to rhubarb.
- Bring to full rolling boil.
- Reduce heat and cook about 10 minutes, until jam stage is reached.
- Remove from heat and add ginger and rind.
- Stir 5 minutes, skim foam.
- Pour in sterile hot jars, put hot lids on and screw tight.
- Makes 7 cups.
My picky eater of a son LOVES this! I put it on a pbj sandwich and waited for him to complain...he ate it faster than I have ever seen him eat a sandwich before! We will definately be making this again!! Thank you so much for the recipe!
This is a delicious jam, with nice zip from the ginger and citrus zest. I did have to cook it substantially longer than the recipe stated, about 40 minutes, but that may be related to the altitude here.
This is absolutely the best rhubarb marmalade recipes ever! I have made it several times, it is quick and easy and even those folks who don't really like rhubard that well have told me they love it!